11.27.2008

Tired natures sweet restorer

Tried to sleep - am exhausted - can't sleep.

Can't type very well - my eyes are scratchy from my contacts

and I find I am enjoying the sounds of life off the porch tonight.

It is very cold and quite.

The cold numbs and stings my hands, the quite makes me want to listen.

I can hear late night traffic, and the roommate's movie.

I want to talk, and be still - I want to be lost again in a maze of cul-de-sac's

I need to sleep - I can't sleep - I lie in bed - I get up

I laugh and shiver

and know that I'm going to be worthless at work tomorrow.

I get back in and shut my eyes and try to force sleep by will

The sound of gunshots on board Air Force One ring out - and Harrison Ford tells me to get off his plane.

I should go back to bed

1 comment:

  1. You crazy guy! I hope you got some sleep bro!
    How was your Thanksgiving? Do anything fun?
    What had you up so late?
    God bless!

    ReplyDelete