7.02.2011

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

~

 

 

Road trips, business trips.  Long drives and long flights.  Scotch and cigars, broasted chicken and mashed potatoes.  Staying up late, getting up early. 

 

Unexpected and unlooked for job offers.

 

 

New gym membership and summer bike rides.

 

Hebrews.

 

 

 

 

So much is going on these days.  I feel a change coming.  Something has shifted, something deep.

 

A desire for discipline is growing within me.  I see all these skills and a future of possibilities witch are only possible with discipline.

 

 

I want it. I want it more than I want the future it could unlock, more than I want the fruit it would yield.  And even as I type I realize that no . . .  I want the fruit of discipline – mere possession of discipline would not satisfied me.

 

I want the freedom it allows.

 

But to possess that freedom I’ll have to die to all manner of desires.

 

 

 

And again I see I have typed something I don’t mean – discipline is not the death of desire – discipline is desire which does not control.

 

The freedom to want and say no – not to not want but to want and want something else more.

 

 

 

To have and understand and submit to a greater pleasure, a greater fruit, a greater goal.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

But I see I’m rambling again . . .

 

 

Enjoy some Rodrigo y Gabriela

 

No comments:

Post a Comment