10.16.2008

Solitude . . . of a Sort

Solitude is odd - odd for me anyways. I really enjoy solitude, and I think what I enjoy most about it - if I truly examine what I find so attractive about it, is control. I wonder if the same thing that draws the anorexic to shun food, is the same mechanism which drives me inside myself. And herein lies the dilemma, the odd part of solitude, what I have found this last week. I enjoy solitude more when it is shared. All the pleasures it provides, it's comforts, it's strengths, grow richer and deeper when shared. Just being quite with friends, talking, musing, thinking - but then it is no longer solitude, it's more like what I want life to be. I'm comfortable with my own company - perhaps too comfortable, stepping outside of that - it's like knowing there is - there

























































"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new. Shall I not call God the Beautiful, who daily showeth himself so to me in his gifts?"



3 comments:

  1. Hey Neil! Great shot of the Mountain Dew. Looks amazing!

    Also, I need to let you know that I have tagged you. Since I dont have your email I have to tell you here. Go to my blog(Ember Island) and read the post on Tag. You have been tagged!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are definitely times when I need nothing more than to straighten out whats going on by myself. Other times, I find myself alone and regretting that I needed or wanted it. There's a song you should listen to. Yes, it's by Jon Foreman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Native American art. Hey I'm heading to Pullman around 2pm tomorrow! Can't wait to see you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete